Usually we will be using this spot in your week to update you. Today we include a few pictures of recent additions and “events” but decided on a more reflective focus also.
Relaxation is important to Bill and I but also what we want The Cedars to offer to others. Cedars are actually symbolic, as a plant, meaning healing and restoration. That’s what we want to offer those who come here - be it for a wedding celebration, personal reflection time or a retreat.
So - meet one of our favorite places - our chair hammocks. Come visit them sometime :)
We had a small moving in party on the weekend and made great use of our gazebo and patio.
In preparation for the party we had fun reclaiming some old well-worn furniture. One old table become a blackboard table. We love the work our two youngest guests did for us on it!!!
Well, it has been 2 weeks living in an RV now and I’ve learned a lot. About myself. About my husband. About what I thought I needed but don’t. About how hard “simple living” can be and about how amazing simple living can be.
The RV is a great teacher regarding sustainable living. We sure aren’t perfect at living green but we want to keep learning and doing more.
Things I’m learning (new or in a deeper way):
1. I have more clothes than I need
2. Having to do laundry by hand or at the laundromat means wearing clothes longer than before (don’t worry, we still check for odor)
3. Even with mugs in storage we have more than we need or will likely ever use all at once
4. Since we aren’t hooked up to 220V yet we are very conscious of how much energy we are using - because we trip the breaker around 5 times a day. It has helped me realize what appliances pull lots of power and which ones pull less - very good to realize!
5. You don’t have to go somewhere fancy to relax - our little table or little “living room” are super simple and incredibly relaxing
6. Bill is super patient - it seems that a once a week morning meltdown is my average just feeling frustrated with adjusting and having to move around excess stuff - love how kind Bill is!
7. Clean up right away after meals - if we don’t we have no counter or table to speak of!
Believe me, I could go on but you get the idea! I really hope that by writing this I will bring some of these learnings in to our house when we make that move next year. Now I’m being forced to be more conscious. Then I want to continue to be more conscious!
Love from Bill and Marilyn at The Cedars!
(note: If you are having problems viewing some of these images, click "view this email in your browser", at the top right of this email)